Bye Bye Bali 👋

I will be departing Bali in a few hours after many amazing experiences over this last month that now seems to have gone by in a flash, but while here, was so full and rich and feeling the forever present day to day.  I am now ready to turn my mind towards home and to my wife especially - she was the one to encourage me to go when I waffled back and forth, knowing I needed a change and to see my long time friends that I always stay in touch with but hadn’t seen in probably 8-10 years.  Those missing years were immediately irrelevant because as we all have experienced, time apart from those we’re closely connected to is magically spliced back together as if we had just gone down the block and back again, picking up the conversation just where we left off.  I have essentially been right at home here with David, Katrinka, Bandi dogette and Kuchi Kat, their numerous interesting friends as well as the many Balinese people they interact with frequently and the warm acceptance by the local population. This is a very easy going culture, people take time to enjoy each other’s company in their daily interactions for the most part, laugh easily, cooperate well in close quarters, never aggressive on the busy hectic roadways and very helpful in general.  Most places in the world are like this when one travels but seems exceptionally true here.  I won’t have time to miss being here for a while as time waits for no man and there are things to do, people to see, other places to go. I will look back on this time with special fondness and grateful for being able to spend time with my friends and appreciative of their warmth and hospitality and will miss their immediate presence and will look forward to our next meeting down the road of this  life’s journey 🙏.

Comments

  1. Thanks for all the help around the house Gregory. We're already saving up fix-it jobs for your next visit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Day in Ubud

Adventures In Hardware

Rice Terraces of Jatiluwih & “Da” Godfrey